I have a new Hero... well hes not a new Hero because I never had an old Hero. Well anyways, His name is Richard Dawkins. He is an oxford professor who is an outspoken Atheist. He is an Evolutionary Biologist and has written many books on the subject. He has a two part television special about religion and science.
In his two part show, "The Root of all Evil?" he explores the fundamental hate and unreason that is apparant in the major religions. He interviews people of various religions and their reaction to his questions I think is sad, but in some ways expected. He examines the present state of science and religion in todays world by traveling to Middle America, Europe, and the Middle East. Although his tone is obviously against that of religion, he uses fact and reason to make his points. I highly suggest anyone with some interest and spare time to watch the videos. (links are down below)
I understand that ultimately no one can disprove all of religion, and that I may very well be wrong about my beliefs. But for all people of reason or people who are open to new ideas it is very much worth it to watch his show.
He has some books published on the subject. I have not read any of them, but I am definately going to pick them up after I finnish the books that I am reading now. Right now I am reading "The Man who Sold the Moon" by Robert A. Heinlein and "How to Win a Nuclear War" by Michio Kaku. Michio Kaku is the author of "Hyperspace" and the auther of the article about the technological advancement of the human that I linked to in a previous post.
For anyone that actually watches the videos linked to below, I would love to hear your opnion on them. (Especially if you disagree with them!)
Anyways, here are the links to his show:
Update: Youtube removed all the links because of Copyright issues. I have the full length video downloaded, I can send it to you if you are interested.
No comments:
Post a Comment